GA5 Volleyball Club was formed in 2008 as a 501-C (3) non-profit corporation with support from the south's premier volleyball club, A5. GA5 is an independent elite girls’ Junior Olympic Volleyball Club that trains out of Suwanee Sports Academy. The focus of the club is to train players to become whole athletes with the physical, emotional, and mental tools that will help them succeed on and off the court.
Athletes will receive the same training approach that has made A5 a nationally recognized premier volleyball club. Practice and training will take place at one of the best facilities in the country. Practicing out of one of the fastest growing counties in the U.S. (Gwinnett) and along with Forsyth, Hall, Dekalb and other nearby counties, the area is quickly becoming a hotbed for girls’ volleyball.
The "A" in our name stands for Atlanta, and 5 refers to our five core values, or the "5 C's":
1. Character Driven: We focus on key character traits that help define a person as he or she grows, including: integrity, intensity, teamwork, leadership, discipline, courage and sportsmanship.
2. Consistent Coaching: We offer a club environment where coaching is consistent from the first time a player enters a gym at the age of 8 through when he or she graduates from high school. This club insists on uniformity throughout the coaching process and mandatory coaching clinics for all head coaches and assistant coaches. Our coaching staff will continue to update themselves on the most current techniques and strategies used by top coaches in the game, and Master Coaches will be responsible for leading many of the practices and mentoring newer coaches and assistant coaches.
3. Community Involvement: All of our teams are encouraged to give back to the community by undertaking a community service project that may or may not have anything to do with volleyball.
4. Communication - Open and Honest: We practice an "Open Book" financial policy where every parent will have the right at any time to see and understand the financials for their athlete's particular team and the club as a whole.
5. Club Unity and Organization: We aspire to run a well organized club, including tryouts, practices, tournaments, social events and overall administration.
We know that the minute our organization focuses just on volleyball is the day that we begin a slide toward mediocrity. We take our mission statement - "Teaching Life Lessons Through the Sport of Volleyball" - seriously and will always emphasize hard work, sportsmanship, teamwork, honor, character development and doing the right thing over "W's and L's", for we know that if we focus on imparting those important life skills to our athletes, winning will take care of itself.